My second experience with New Day was not for some time after the Mark Chesnutt concert. This time, I helped with the set up as well as the event itself.
The date was April 21st, and it was the week of Spring Fling. I believe Mr. Ray asked in one of his classes if anyone wanted to help set up for the Hawk Nelson/Tom's Shoes event the next evening, so I volunteered.
We met at the Bank Center the morning of the 21st, and I helped with load in. I learned quickly that live events involve many pounds of heavy equipment and more miles of cable than one cares to think about.
For the event itself, I ran a spotlight for the Hawk Nelson show. I had never run a spot before, so I got a brief rundown before we went live. The show went very well, and I learned for the first time how to be an effective spot op.
I helped with load out after, and learned that as much fun as it is getting things out of the trailer, getting them back in was even more fun... I was definitely sore the next morning. The soreness was worth it, however, as Joe from New Day got my contact info and said that he would be in touch for future events.
No comments:
Post a Comment