On December 11th of 2010, I got my first gig working for New Day Productions. I was asked if I could run a camera for a live concert, and luckily, I had some experience running a camera from WTTV Live Crew, so I said yes.
I had only barely heard of the artist, Mark Chesnutt, so I didn't really know what to expect going into the show. This was also the first time I had run a camera for a live concert.
I learned quickly that running a live camera was at the same time amazingly fun and very tiring. I had a shoulder camera on my back for four hours straight, and I was completely wore out by the end of the show. I couldn't have been happier.
I leaned that tight shots on the performers are very important. I also learned a lot about framing on the move and following a moving person, which was different from the camera experience I had coming in.
No comments:
Post a Comment